Furniture Assessment and Specification
Whether you are relocating, or wanting to update your existing space, your furniture plays a big role in defining your office. Not only does the furniture define the aesthetic, it can also dictate the office culture and working environment.
- Should the configuration be open or private?
- Does it need to encourage collaboration?
- Does it need to be private and quiet?
- Is the furniture efficient?
- Is it flexible or reconfigurable for future growth?
Depending on the project, furniture evaluation and specification may involve:
- Reviewing the existing furniture items to be considered for re-use.
- Recommending the use of existing or new items as appropriate.
- Developing a complete inventory of existing equipment identified for relocation or reuse .
- Researching furniture options for client’s consideration.
- Proposal of new furniture items.
- Preparing preliminary budgets for new furniture items for client approval.
- Preparing furniture tender specifications, indicating performance criteria.
- Coordinating tenders with manufacturers /dealers on behalf of the client.
- Evaluating all submissions and making recommendations.
- Reviewing the final quotations on behalf of the client.
- Coordinating the furniture delivery and installation, providing supervision when required.
- Reviewing completed installation and identifying deficiencies.
- Conducting the final installation and product inspection.